Technology is intelligently utilized to optimize human talent and excellence, especially in medical content processing:
- Human Quality Assurance Department that makes sure the product or service is conformant to the linguistic, layout, and functional metrics, by applying the predefined quality assurance checklists and sign-off sheets.
- Automation Quality Check tools that verify content for possible human error slips which refines the accuracy level of the final product.
Our human calibers are the main assets that make quality system efficient and best utilize technology to maximize the accuracy level to highest possible levels of international and professional market.
According to our Quality Policy, each translator, reviewer and proofreader must:
- Exert best efforts to search for unclear words and deep meaning behind figurative phrases
- Make sure nothing is left without translation unless this is according to customer instructions
- Raise a flag about anything deemed wrong in the original text so that it is escalated to the customer
- Ensure all customer instructions and requirements are implemented throughout the translation project
- Reference the appropriate references in each project, ex. glossaries, dictionaries and online references
- Verify consistency of terminology, use of appropriate field terms and compliance with industry terminology
- Proofread translated files after finishing translation or revision phase to ensure overall quality of translation
- Run a final QA check process on all files before delivery, using the embedded QA check tools in the CAT program
We employ cutting-edge technology to perform quality checks on all our translations to ensure they exceed, not only meet, the client expectations. We use the following dedicated Translation QA tools together with the regular QA plug-ins embedded in CAT tools:
- ApSIC XBench
- QA Distiller
- Linguistic Toolbox (LTB)
- Error Spy
- SDL Transistor
6 policies to ensure consistent high quality
1- Recruitment Process
- All employees must have an academic certificate in translation with years of hands-on experience in medical translation and localization. Leads have either more than 5 years of experience in medical specialization and/or academic certificate in medicine and related sciences.
2- Training Course
- Applicants go through assessment test to evaluate their competence and efficiency. Those who pass will be enrolled in a training course for 2 weeks during which we practically assess the applicant performance while introducing them to the company system and quality standard required. They are introduced to tools, techniques and quality assurance procedures applied.
3- Probation Period and Placement
- Shortlisted candidates are placed in teams under the supervision, assessment and editing from a team lead. The candidate will become a full-time translator when his or her performance indicators (productivity, quality, on-time delivery) meet the standards set by the quality control department.
4- Team Lead & Editing
- The team lead is the final eye on content. (S)he must have in-depth linguistic and technical knowledge in the medical field, preferably with a certificate in medicine or related science. The team leads must have more than 7 years of experience in medical translation
with highest performance score, having exceptional personal skills of precision, punctuality, accuracy and medical research.
- A subject matter expert is a person with special knowledge in the field of specialization. (S)he is the main reference who is responsible for accuracy of technical information in the content handled. SMEs act as the destination to whom technical queries are addressed for best rendering and understanding of service or product subject to translation or localization. They proofread medical content to check correctness, accuracy and efficiency of final product and check its appropriateness to the target audience.
6- Seniority & Revision
- A translator performance is assessed on task basis, and the translation output is fully reviewed by a reviewer who has at least 5 years of experience.